Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving this year was wonderful- low key and relaxing...just how I like things!  I am so thankful for my family so it was nice to get to spend lots of quality time with them over the holiday.
 
Parker and Eden both had feasts at their schools the week before Thanksgiving.  I was able to slip away from Gerard's Grandparent's Day on Friday to join Eden for a few minutes before I had to head back to work.  She enjoyed eating with her friends even though she really didn't eat anything on her plate except the cookies!
Parker's class also had a feast in their classroom on Thursday.  Parents weren't invited but I slipped in long enough to get a picture!
On Friday (Grandparent's Day), his class put on a Thanksgiving play for the parents/grandparents.  Parker was one of the Pilgrim men.  He got to shoot his gun and say "Bang! Bang! Bang!" which was right up his alley! 
We mostly stayed at home during our week off of school.  It was so nice to sleep in and not have to get up to an alarm.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night that my mom prepared.  Meredith and Craig were able to come down for the day so it was nice to spend some time with them. 

We took the kids to see Frozen on Thanksgiving Day.  It was Lily's first trip to the theater and she did a pretty good job sitting still and watching the movie.  (Thank goodness for popcorn!)
We got the Christmas tree up, the house decorated and I even listened to some Christmas music this weekend!  I finally feel like it's beginning to feel like Christmas around here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment