Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Ice Storm

While Cory and I were experiencing Washington DC, our families back in Cleburne were experiencing the worst ice storm that DFW has seen in years.  School was cancelled and people were stuck in their houses for days without being able to get out. 
 
Uncle Jon was so sweet to take all six kids out to play in the ice before he got called into work on the first day of the ice storm.  I think they only lasted a few minutes out in the freezing temperatures.
Eden apparently ate a large amount of ice in the few minutes she was outside!
The rest of the four days was spent inside wearing pajamas, playing games, making crafts, playing on the iPad, watching movies, and trying to stay warm.
 
I am so thankful for my parents and sister for taking such good care of my kids while we were gone.  Six kids under one roof for four days straight could not have been easy but they handled it like pros!

No comments:

Post a Comment