Monday, December 2, 2013

Holiday in the Park

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we took Eden and Parker to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags.  They were both so excited about riding a roller coaster, especially after seeing them at Sea World but not getting to ride on one due to Parker's untimely case of the stomach bug. 
 
The weather was less than ideal with 40 degree temps and high winds.  I almost backed out of going but Cory convinced me that we could bundle them up and they would be fine.  I am so glad I listened to him.  The cold weather kept the crowds away and the kids never complained once about being cold.
Both of the kids were excited about the thought of riding a roller coaster but I wasn't sure how they would react when it came time to actually get on the ride!  We started small with the Mine Train- one of my favorites when I was a kid.  I assumed that Parker would love it (and I was right!) but the biggest shock of the day was how much Eden loved it!  The minute the ride finished, she was begging to ride it again.   
Next up were the swings.  Just watching these made me queasy so I decided to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground while the kids rode with Brende, Jewell, and Peyton. Once again, they both loved it! 
We all enjoyed sledding down the snow hill!
After sledding, the kids started asking to ride the double loop Shock Wave.  I knew I wouldn't be able to ride this one either and planned on letting Eden sit out with me... until the tears started!  She was devastated that I wouldn't let her ride so I finally gave in and let her ride with Brende.  Watching her ride off without me knowing that she was about to be turned upside down not once, but twice, was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  When the ride was over, she started crying and we assumed she was scared and hated it.  Turns out she was crying because she didn't want to get off and wanted to ride it again!  I just kept looking at her and thinking "Who are you and what did you do with my shy, timid Eden?".  She was completely fearless the entire night!
After  a few more rides (and tears when Eden realized she was too short to ride one of them), we stopped to drink some hot chocolate, warm up and watch a live Christmas show. 
At one point during the show, they called several kids up on stage to help them sing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".  Parker and Jewell joined right in while Eden hid behind me praying they wouldn't pick her.  (She's definitely her mother's child when it comes to that!)
We ended the night with the several more rides including the Conquistador and the Bobsled.  Eden cried again when the park closed and we were forced to leave.  I still can't believe how much she loved it!  She's already asking to go back!
 
It didn't take long for her to crash once we got in the car!  Sweet girl!
I couldn't have imagined a more perfect evening with Parker and Eden!  It was a great way to start off our Thanksgiving week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment