Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Five and a Half

My sweet Eden-
Today you turn five and a half!  This is such an exciting time in your life because tomorrow you graduate from preschool and will officially be a kindergartner!  You are soooo excited about this new adventure that awaits you in just a few short months!  While I am sad to see this chapter in your life come to an end, I look forward to watching you grow and bloom in school next year! Here are a few things I want to always remember about you during this stage in your life:

-You continue to be tall and thin.  You are the tallest kid in your preschool class by several inches.  You weigh about 43 pounds and wear size 6 clothes and 12/13 shoes. 

-You still have the prettiest curly hair and cutest freckles on your face!  Your smile can brighten up my day faster than anything else!  You do not always love your curly hair and often want to know when you will start growing straight hair!

-You have the most loving spirit and are very generous with your hugs and kisses!  You are also quick to say "I love you" to everyone around you.  Because you are so sensitive, you do not like to be disciplined.  I usually do not have to say anything at all before you start crying and telling me how sorry you are for disobeying. 

-You love to play with your siblings/cousins but you also love to play by yourself.  Your favorite thing to play right now is "family". 

-You have impressed me so much with your motivation to learn to read.  You are currently reading on a level 7, which is where most beginning first graders are reading.

-You are still a horrible eater.  I am at my wits end when it comes to getting you to eat or try new things.  You still refuse to eat any vegetables and most fruits. (I can sometimes get you to eat applesauce or a banana.)  You don't like milk or most meats.  Some of your favorites that I can always count on you eating are bean and cheese burritos, bean and cheese nachos, spaghetti, yogurt, eggs, and cereal.  I hope that one day you will just wake up and start eating new things.  It sure will make both of our lives easier!

-You still have moments when you are very shy, but you have really come out of your shell this year.  You rarely cry at school or church anymore and often do not even want me to walk you to your classroom door.  I hope that you do not regress when you start kindergarten in the fall but we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

-You LOVE to watch old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry cartoons.  They are the same ones that I watched when I was a kid.  It is always your first choice when you get to pick what you are going to watch.  You also love to watch Ninja Turtles with Parker. 

-You have started sleep walking over the past few months.  Sometimes you are so sweet while you are sleep walking and tell me "I love you" over and over again.  Other times, you are scared and can get very agitated.  After talking to other parents, they suggested that we make sure you empty your bladder before you go to sleep.  Since we have started doing this, your sleep walking has almost been eliminated.

You are so precious, Eden, and your brighten up our days with your smile!  You are a joy to parent and I am really going to miss you next year when you go to kindergarten!  I know that you are going to do great things in school and in life!  I can't wait to see what the rest of this year has in store for you.  I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment