Monday, May 19, 2014

Sunshine Preschool Splash Day

Today was Eden's Splash Day at preschool.  She was so excited about it and could hardly eat her lunch because she wanted to go play!
When it was finally time to go play in the water, Eden froze and wouldn't move.  She refused to participate and hid behind me.  Her teacher, Miss Amy, and I tried everything we could think of to get her to play, but nothing worked.
Finally, with only 5 minutes left before it was time to go, she walked over to the water table and picked up one toy.  She didn't play with it but at least she made an attempt to participate. 
Splash Day did not go as planned but I've learned not to sweat the small things with my kids.  I can encourage them all I want, but unless they feel comfortable enough to try it on their own, there is only so much I can do or say to make it happen.  I hope as the years go by, they will be more willing to take risks and try new things.  Until then, I will continue to be their biggest supporter, even when they choose to cry and hide behind me in fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment